Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to extend the AirPort express network

I want to extend my AirPort express network by adding the previous gen AirPort express to it as I want to use the new gen model as the primary router.

How can I do it ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 8:21 AM

"Hard reset" the Express and launch AirPort Utility. It will ask what you want to do with it.

To "hard reset" an AirPort Base Station: make sure it's powered up, then press and hold its tiny reset button and keep it depressed for five to ten seconds, long enough for its LED to flash amber rapidly. Release the reset button. Then, the LED will glow amber steadily for about a minute. Then, it will flash amber, slowly, about once every second or two, waiting for you to configure it with AirPort Utility.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2013 8:21 AM in response to IamArunNirmal

"Hard reset" the Express and launch AirPort Utility. It will ask what you want to do with it.

To "hard reset" an AirPort Base Station: make sure it's powered up, then press and hold its tiny reset button and keep it depressed for five to ten seconds, long enough for its LED to flash amber rapidly. Release the reset button. Then, the LED will glow amber steadily for about a minute. Then, it will flash amber, slowly, about once every second or two, waiting for you to configure it with AirPort Utility.

How to extend the AirPort express network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.