Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download aperture 3.5.1 update?

Anyone knows how to download the Aperture 3.5.1 update as my latest update is 3.4.5...

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 8:23 AM

10 replies

Dec 6, 2013 9:21 AM in response to Lensley_76

One known problem with the Aperture 3.5.1 update is, that for some reason it only did show at the AppStore for some of our forum members, if the language and the region in the System Preferences had been set to "English U.S. " and then the system restarted.

So, if mende1's advice should not work for you directly, and your system is set a different language, try to chnage the language & region settings in the System Preferences and restart the system.

Dec 6, 2013 9:24 AM in response to Lensley_76

Aperture 3.5.1 can be downloaded from the Mac App Store even if you installed it from the Aperture DVD. After doing this, Aperture gets registrated as a Mac App Store purchase.

As léonie said, try switching the OS X language to English and restarting, and then try to update Aperture. Also, that update can only be downloaded from the Mac App Store, so I suspect you are downloading it from an illegal website

Dec 6, 2013 10:01 AM in response to Lensley_76

Thanks for your prompt reply. My version og Aperture was originally purchased with my MAC before App-store. Therefore I do not receive the update via App-Store. Until now, I have been downloading the update manually.

The 3.5 update is special - it is only available from the AppStore, mende1 said. It will convert your pre-App Store registration code to an AppStore licence. After updating to 3.5 from the AppStore, you will see Aperture in the "Purchased" tab of the AppStore, just like any other app you bought from the AppStore. It will now be tied to your AppleID, so make sure, that you sign into the AppStore with the AppleID you are usually using for buying and updating applications.

For this to happen, the AppStore has to be able to check, that you are having a valid registration code and Aperture installation. Aperture has to be installed directly in your Applications folder, not a subfolder of Applications, and only be called "Aperture", nothing else.

Dec 6, 2013 12:34 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi Guys,

Thank you for all the tips.

Some background:

I originally purchased the Aperture together with my Macbook Pro on the MAcstore back in desember 2009. I have updated this regularly since. I was apparently a bit unclear on the update-process so far.

I have been downloading the updates to a point that I did receive an update or two via the Appstore.

My Aperture is installed in the programs-folder, and no sub-folder. The programfile is called Aperture.

I have changed the language settings to English and country settings to english and rebooted. Nothing.

It does not show up under the purchased items in App-store.

A question to Frank Caggiano:

How do I "Authorize" Aperture?

Brgds,

L.

Dec 6, 2013 2:05 PM in response to léonie

No, unfortunately it does not.

Although my aperture license is athentic. I was told by Apple support a while back (when Aperture was made available on Appstore) as follow:

Copy af email from january 22, 2012

Dear X,

Y here from iTunes Support. I understand that you would like to use your copy of "Aperture" for updates on the Mac App Store. I can see how eager you must be to have this clarified so I'll provide you with some information today.

Unfortunately, only apps purchased on the Mac App Store can be updated through the Mac App Store. Apps that were purchased at retail stores or websites cannot be updated via the Mac App Store. Apps purchased from the Mac App Store cannot be updated using the Apple Software Update feature in Mac OS X.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please let me know and I would be more than happy to address them for you. Thank you very much for being part of the iTunes Store family, Lensley, and I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

Y

iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

Please Note: I work Monday - Wednesday from 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Sunday from 12:30 PM - 9:00 PM.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Customer First Name : Mr

Customer Last Name : X

email : *****

Web Order # :

Support Subject : MacAppStoreAccountandBilling

Sub Issue : undefined

Comments : See additional info below

OS version: Mac OS X 10.7.x

Apple ID: ******

Specific request: I have an account question

Item title: AppleAperture 3.2.2

Order number:

Details: License number: ******

Hi,

I originally bought my copy of AppleAperture at the local Apple retail store. Would it be possible to have my Aperturelicense registered to my Apple-ID in Appstore, so that I can purchase upgrades online in the future?

Thanks.

Brgds,

X

Dec 10, 2013 2:53 PM in response to léonie

Hi again,

I had not given up on this matter. I have been searching the support community for similar cases and cases related til licensing. My solution doesn't really add up, but did work.

As earlier mentioned, my version of Aperture was preinstalled delivered with my MBP 2009. I had tried all the solutions found on this support community, with no help. Léonie's advice was also tried (thanks for that 🙂 ).

At the end, I noticed that the file 'Aperture System ID' located in 'Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/ProApps' had not been changed since the installation date as well as the file permission was quite limited.

So what I did was to change permission, which did not help. So i then deleted the file and restored it from an old time machine backup. Then did the language change as Lénoie advised. And.... VOILA!! The update tickled in, and has now been applied. I can also confirm that Aperture now shows up under the 'purchase' tab and 'update' tab.

So thank you for all the helpful advice, folks!! much appreciated. 🙂🙂🙂🙂

How do I download aperture 3.5.1 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.