Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade late 2013 Macbook Pro to Mountain Lion

Hello,

I've seen a few threads on this and the consensus seems to be that it can't/shouldn't be done. Some of us are in situations in corporate environments where we can't upgrade so please don't post here to tell me I can't/shouldn't downgrade. I started this thread in the hopes that with enough people working on it we can figure out a way to make it work.

I can get my 10.8.5 image to boot my late 2013 Macbook Pro by replacing /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist with a PlatformSupport.plist from the original 10.9 install. It seems stable however I don't get any sound. No input or output devices show up in System Information --> Audio --> devices. I've tried replacing AudioAUUC.kext and AppleHDA.kext with ones from a 10.9 machine but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the sound working?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 10:23 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2014 10:45 AM in response to tor.support

Hello tor.support

Did you ever get a solutin for this?

I just spent £1700 on a new MBP to find my audio soundscard does not support Mavericks - normally not such a big deal as I work with computers and thought it would be a simple downgrade to Lion.

Really dont want to take the machine back to apple, but I cant wait for Zoom (audio manufacturer) to get their software updated. It's been 8 months. I need a system that works.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Downgrade late 2013 Macbook Pro to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.