Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage group returning individual messages

Hi. Looking form some help. I kept getting some messages tonight which made no sense from family. It turned out my brother in law had started an iMessage group message to sort out Xmas day. All users are on iPhone and rather than being included in the group and seeing the group I was getting their individual replies to the group as seperate messages from them as individuals. Some in the group got normal messages as a group, some didn't like me its all very random.

Anybody know what the problem is or how we can fix it. We went to whats app in the end as since iOS 7 iMessage is being very unreliable.

Sorry should have said I'm using iPhone 5S and all the others are on 5 or 5S mixture of Vodafone UK, Orange and 3 Networks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 11:02 AM

Everyone in the group needs to have Group Messaging enabled.

5 replies

iMessage group returning individual messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.