Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfering file from Rhapsody

This is my first visit to this site.

I can not transfer a music file from rhapsody to my nano. I called rhapsody support and they had me try numerous things but nothing worked. They decieded it was because I didn't have the lastest version of the firmware installed. I checked last night and I did not have the latest version of the ipod software installed. I had version 1.1.1. So I installed version 1.2 and tried to transfer my file but it still wouldn't transfer.

Question: by installing the latest software for nano does that install the latest firmware?

Any suggestions on what to try next?

PC Windows 2000

Posted on Jul 17, 2006 10:07 AM

11 replies

Jul 18, 2006 9:05 AM in response to tpodell140

Question: by installing the latest software for

nano does that install the latest firmware?

Yes, the 1.2 software is the firmware (like an
OS)

I don't think rhapsody is compatible with the nano.
Not really too familiar with rhapsody, but what type
of file is it? I don't think iTunes can read the
DRM.

Tom

Tom,

According to Rhapsody they are compatable with ipod. I did not ask about ipod nano in particular.

Thanks for the reply

Helmut

Jul 18, 2006 9:11 AM in response to b-rock

locate wher ur rhapsody songs go when u download
them. then (in itunes) click file> import file to
library. once ther find ur song and select it and ur
song will now be in ur itunes library.

I have been using the rhapsody transfer tool to try to import the file to my nano. My nano does appear as the destination in their transfer tool but my nano never gets the file. I'll try your way when I get home.

Thanks for the response.

Helmut

Jul 20, 2006 7:32 PM in response to tpodell140

Did you look at this?

You can sync only songs you've purchased and
downloaded, not subscription songs.

Also, you have to sync from realplayer, which means
you may not be able to sync ITMS songs if you have
any. You may want to burn your rhapsody songs to a CD
and reimport them into iTunes.

tpodell140

The file I'm trying to import has been purchased so that is not the issue. Thanks for the link to the answer. I'll give it a try. Are you saying I need to sync from realplayer and not Rhapsody? I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Burning the file to a CD and then importing to itunes sounds easy. Might give that a try. Thanks for all the suggestions

Helmut

Jul 21, 2006 1:19 PM in response to luvabluzer

Rhapsody is realplayer's store. I think it runs in realplayer. The problem is, regardless of syncing from realplayer or rhapsody, you're no longer syncing with iTunes. Realplayer can't read the iTunes music store songs.

When you burn a file to a CD, it's converted to .aiff. Then, if you reimport it in iTunes, iTunes will convert it to a .aac file, which it can easily sync to the iPod.

Tom

Transfering file from Rhapsody

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.