Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad mini will not turn on, worked yesterday then charged overnight. Now it will not turn on.

My ipad mini will not turn on, worked yesterday then charged overnight. Now it will not turn on.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 11:54 AM

9 replies

Dec 6, 2013 12:04 PM in response to GraceChum

GraceChum wrote:

You may of over charged it! Charging over night can lead to over charging. You need charge it during the day and about no longer than 7 hours! You should also make sure that you are not charging it when it on a high % try charging it when it got less that 20%.

Now try charging it from a wall socket.

Hope this helped.

Nonsense. You cannot "overcharge" an iPad, iPhone or other iDevice. There are safeguards built into the charging circuity that can sense when the battery has reached it's charged capacity. When the battery is fully charged, the charging circuitry will enter a trickle charge state which will keep the battery topped off without damaging it.

Dec 6, 2013 12:06 PM in response to Zwarte

Zwarte wrote:

Reset your device:

Device Reset (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold (& continue to hold) BOTH the Sleep/Wake button & the Home button.

2. Continue to hold BOTH (ignoring any other messages that may show) until you see the Apple logo on the screen.

3. Release BOTH buttons when you see the Apple logo and allow the device to boot normally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.