Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsupported files from HP Media server

I was running a HP media server and recently purchased a Mac Mini (2009 model) and installed OS X Mavericks and Mavericks Server. I got drive bays from OWC that allows you to take internal drives and plug them in via USB to the Mini. I can see all my data from the HP media server, however, when I try and open a document or file I get an error message that says the files are corrupted or not a format that preview supports. I am trying to open .PDF files or JPEGs which are supported in preview.

Is there a fix for this? The drive is shared properly (I think) and I can see it from my MacBook Pro and get the same error from the server itself or from my laptop.

Looking for a fix. Thanks.

John

Mac mini

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 12:53 PM

There are no replies.

Unsupported files from HP Media server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.