Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Danger of updating iPhoto

Here is a message that just appeared on my screen when I tried to find some photos that I had just downloaded from my camera.

User uploaded file

It seems to me that the last time I saw this message and clicked on "Upgrade," I lost all of my photos. I FINALLY (days later) found them and got them back, but I don't want to have to go through that again.

Is it safe to click on "Upgrade"? If I do that, will I "lose" all of my photos until I can figure out how to retreive them?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 1:48 PM

9 replies

Dec 6, 2013 2:51 PM in response to Yer_Man

Okay, I'm going to click on it. Because of my previous experience, I now know that they're only lost until you can find them again. So, if I lose them again, I'll be back here for instructions on relocating them. Oh, I shuld add that I have everything backed up with Time Machine. Finding things there is not as easy as I would like, but it can be done.

Dec 6, 2013 7:05 PM in response to Niku

1 - sounds like with your sort is wrong - fix under th eview menu ==> soret events - or your camera data/time is wrong - correct on your camera and correct the photos imported using the adjust time/date command

2 - this looks like you clicked on the switch library command - maybe by mistake

LN

Dec 6, 2013 9:36 PM in response to Niku

only you know why you have multiple libraries or what the difference between them is - multiple libraries is not something iphoto does - users create libraries

switching libraries will not lose photos - but since you do not seem to be intending to switch libraries you should simpy cancel as I suggested above

If you do want to switch libraries then click relaunch

LN

Danger of updating iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.