Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does Mouse Locator work in Mavericks?

Hi there,

I have three displays attached to my Mac Pro... will soon be running Mavericks.

Sometimes my mouse cursor is hard to locate, and I'd love to go back to using a little app called Mouse Locator. But I stopped using it a while back, after upgrading to Mountain Lion, and I'm leery of trying it with Mavericks... unless I hear from some users that it works.

I've written more than once to the company that came up with this app (2POINTSFISH.COM), asking about compatibility, and they haven't responded. Not a good sign!

Has anyone been running this with Mavericks?

Or running some other little app that will 'locate' your mouse cursor (Mouse Locator does it with a green circel) when you touch your mouse (the green circle then disappears).

Regards,

Malcolm

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 3:35 PM

This and others on the Mac AppStore.

6 replies

Mar 4, 2015 12:17 AM in response to jayxtee

Yes, I had the same issue in Mavericks and solved it by copying MouseLocatorAgent.app into the PreferencePanes Folder from another Mac where the reactivation at start-up still worked (hope you can still find this file on previous back-ups or older machines). Then I added MouseLocatorAgent.app to the Login Items in Users & Groups of the System Preferences. With this Mouse Locator starts when booting the Mac and I no longer need to click through the System Preferences to start Mouse Locator. Hope this works for you, too.

Apr 4, 2015 9:01 AM in response to jayxtee

You can, after installing Mouse Locator, navigate to ~/Library/PreferencePanes, right click on MouseLocator.prefPane, select "Show Package Contents". Open Contents/Resources and you will see MouseLocatorAgent.app. Then go to System Preferences -> Users And Groups. Select your user and select "Login Items". Drag MouseLocatorAgent.app to your list of Login Items. This is working for me on Yosemite.

does Mouse Locator work in Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.