Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording has crackles

Hi,

I have 2x PIONEER CDJ2000-nexus's and a PIONEER DJM900-nexus (mixer). The DJM900 has a USB output which you can plug directly into a Mac and record your mix, using Audacity.

I previously had a Windows 8.1 laptop which recording crackles and pops during my recording. My friend came around with his MacBook Pro and plugged into the same setup and recorded with Audacity successfully, no crackles, no pops. We have since done quite a few recordings without problems.

So I decided to buy a MacBook Pro myself. However when I record on my MacBook Pro (same setup, same drivers, same applications) I get the crackles and pops. I am really frustrated with this. I have since tested on a friends MacBook Air and that worked perfectly.

To save you some time in asking me to do certain tests I'll list what I've done:

Restarted Mac

Deleted Driver and App

Installed latest Driver and App

Changed every setting known to man in Audacity

Completely wiped my Mac (this evening) and gone from a fresh install of OS X.

I did start playing with the Pioneer hardware and USB cables but since successfully recording on 2 different Macs I've ruled the hardware out.

What is wrong with my Mac? 😟

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 4:34 PM

1 reply

Dec 6, 2013 5:11 PM in response to MisterWalker

Apple>About This Mac>More Info>Service

User uploaded file

Please read the warranty paperwork that came w/your computer.

You have 14 days to return the computer w/no questions asked.

You have 90 days of FREE phone tech support on top of your standard 1 year warranty unless you also purchased AppleCare which gives you an additional 2 years of coverage plus FREE phone support.

Strongly suggest that you take FULL advantage of the above before it runs out. Let Apple deal w/the problems.

User uploaded file

Recording has crackles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.