Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start an iPhoto Book project on one Mac, then finish it on another?

I may run out of time before I finish an iPhoto book project, so I may have to switch Macs midstream. Is there a way to export the in-progress book file so that it can be read on a different Mac, and I can pick up where I left off?

Mac OS X (10.7.4), 12GB RAM

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 6:43 PM

Not really

Books are simply database entries so can not be exported to another Mac -- you can move the entire iPhoto library to another Mac with the same or newer version of iPhoto and finish it there

You can duplicate the iPhoto library and delete all but the book and its photos so you have a smaller library to move

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2013 6:43 PM in response to Raymond Fox

Not really

Books are simply database entries so can not be exported to another Mac -- you can move the entire iPhoto library to another Mac with the same or newer version of iPhoto and finish it there

You can duplicate the iPhoto library and delete all but the book and its photos so you have a smaller library to move

LN

Start an iPhoto Book project on one Mac, then finish it on another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.