Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update silenced Siri. Now what?

The latest "upgrade" of the iPhone OS has silenced the Siri on my phone. From the looks of things (web wise) I'm not alone in this.

Siri was one of the main reasons I bought and used an iPhone for the past several years.

It doesn't look like this is going to be resolved any time soon. Any suggestions? (Other than "buy a Droid")

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 10:32 PM

6 replies

Dec 6, 2013 11:00 PM in response to greendragonfly

Ok, I have the iPhone 4s. I have a wierless LAN and I also have a data package through Verizon.

And to be clear, Siri worked just fine from the day I got my phone (when they first came out with 4s) until the last OS "Update". Please note multitudinous articles about Silent Siri on the web that refer to this same problem...but don't yet list a solution.

I'm happy to provide whatever information will help fix this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Dec 7, 2013 10:27 AM in response to greendragonfly

Yes, thank you for reminding me. Yes I've done all three of those things. Also, I've powered it off and on. I've checked and rechecked the settings. I even told Siri to adjust her volume but apparently she's out of that loop.

And the Siri recognized my voice just fine and replies in a reasonable amount of time but in text which is not useful for me. If you have any other suggestions I'll appreciate hearing them.

I've thought to restore my phone from Time Machine to a date before I installed the latest "update" but can't figure a way to do that.

Dec 8, 2013 5:20 PM in response to sberman

Nope. Did all that but still no Siri audio.
However, I should have read the article first because it basically says Apple's intentionally ramped up this "update" beyond the capacity for original 4s phones to handle.
Apparently they're not interested in serving the interests of existing customers. I'm frustrated and a little disgusted. But there is a silver lining in every cow pie.

Perhaps a $20 Motorola flip phone and a calendar that you write on is my answer.

Apple has become too involved in $$$ and not involved enough in remembering where their roots are. My phone shouldn't be old enough to 'have' to upgrade to a new handset @ $400+ a pop. I call BS.

A sad Former Apple customer, signing off.

Update silenced Siri. Now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.