Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with HD-SD movie versions on iPad 2

Hello community,

I recently bought a movie on the iTunes Store, in HD version, but I have a 16 GB iPad 2 and I would keep some space on it, so I downloaded the SD version too, but iTunes 11 doesn't offer to put the SD version on my iPad 2, it offers only the HD version... How I can put the SD version ? What's the way ?

Thank's for your answers, sorry for my english (I'm French).

FlorentP.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 12:43 PM

Hey FlorentP75,

I found the following information about syncing SD versions to your iPad:

By default, when syncing video to iPad, iTunes will sync the HD version to iPad when available. You can only sync HD content purchased in 1080p to iPad (3rd generation). You need to download the 720p or SD version from iTunes in the Cloud to sync iPad 2 or earlier, iPhone 4S or earlier, iPod touch (4th generation or earlier), and iPod. Alternatively, you can download the videos directly to your device using iTunes in the Cloud.

If you prefer to sync SD video content to iPad:

1. With iPad connected to your computer, select it on the left side of the iTunes window.
  2. Click the Summary Tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Options section and select the checkbox for "Prefer standard definition videos."
  4. Now when you sync videos to iPad, only SD versions will be synced.

User uploaded file

To undo your change, simply repeat the above steps and uncheck the box next to "Prefer standard definition videos."

via: iTunes Store: Viewing and downloading HD content on iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4095

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Take care,

Delgadoh

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2013 12:43 PM in response to FlorentP75

Hey FlorentP75,

I found the following information about syncing SD versions to your iPad:

By default, when syncing video to iPad, iTunes will sync the HD version to iPad when available. You can only sync HD content purchased in 1080p to iPad (3rd generation). You need to download the 720p or SD version from iTunes in the Cloud to sync iPad 2 or earlier, iPhone 4S or earlier, iPod touch (4th generation or earlier), and iPod. Alternatively, you can download the videos directly to your device using iTunes in the Cloud.

If you prefer to sync SD video content to iPad:

1. With iPad connected to your computer, select it on the left side of the iTunes window.
  2. Click the Summary Tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Options section and select the checkbox for "Prefer standard definition videos."
  4. Now when you sync videos to iPad, only SD versions will be synced.

User uploaded file

To undo your change, simply repeat the above steps and uncheck the box next to "Prefer standard definition videos."

via: iTunes Store: Viewing and downloading HD content on iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4095

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Take care,

Delgadoh

Problem with HD-SD movie versions on iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.