Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enable Google Calendar in iCal

I mistakingly deleted my Google internet account in Mavericks because I was having issues with contacts not syncying. Now that I am trying to add it again, it won't let me. I'm getting 2 different error messages:

"Access to account “Google” is not permitted.

The server responded:

“403”

to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation."

The other error message I was receiving yesterday just said that a "secure connection could not be established". I deleted my iCal cache files as suggested in another forum post which stopped that error message from coming up. I have also set up the 2-step verification process through Google hoping that would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

I feel like it's something I'm missing, but I'm tired of trying to figure this out on my own.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 8:00 AM

Several posts on here have indicated the manual way to set up a CalDav account in iCal for Google, but few have indicated the port number you need to use.

This worked for me:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5529240?answerId=24046998022#24046998022

6 replies

Mar 6, 2014 4:26 PM in response to Chadburns

All,

It appears that once upgraded to Mavericks, the calendar folders are no longer compatible with the latest version of iCal. Hence why it crashes.

To remediate,

Close the iCal App

Duplicate the folder (For Backup reason) /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

Delete all content with in /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

Go to:-

System Prefences | Internet Account | iCloud

Uncheck Calendars, Recheck Calendars
It will asked you if you wish to merge the database. (You may have to do this more then once)

For every other google calendar

Uncheck Calendars (if already checked), Recheck Calendars

Hopefully this will recreate all the calender folders within /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar and start re-syncing.

Once you are satified that all your calender are syncing, delete the /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar copy

Good Luck.

Mar 10, 2014 3:02 AM in response to xdr-

Hi there,

I have tested this out on my backup disk and there is a slight modification to the method. Will highlight this with quotation.

================================================================================ ==

It appears that once upgraded to Mavericks, the calendar folders are no longer compatible with the latest version of iCal. Hence why it crashes.

To remediate,

Close the iCal App

Duplicate the folder (For Backup reason) /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

Delete all content with in /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar

Go to:-

System Prefences | Internet Account | iCloud

Uncheck Calendars, Recheck Calendars

Select the iCloud profile

Press "-" to delete the whole iCloud profile.

Recreate the iCloud profile by select "+" then iCloud

Enter your iCloud Username and Password

It will asked you if you wish to merge the database. (You may have to do this more then once)

For every other google calendar

Uncheck Calendars (if already checked), Recheck Calendars

Hopefully this will recreate all the calender folders within /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar and start re-syncing.

Once you are satified that all your calender are syncing, delete the /Users/YOURPROFILE/Library/Calendar copy

Good Luck.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Apr 3, 2014 8:33 AM in response to xdr-

I've been having the same issue and have been pulling my hair out all day. I follwed these steps and can confirm this 100% worked for me. Everything is fixed, iCal is syncing properly under the "Internet Accounts" settings and I'm no longer getting any 'secure connection could not be established' errors.

Thanks so much for posting this!

Nov 23, 2015 12:26 PM in response to xdr-

Boy, did this not work for me.

After setting up an iCloud account for work purposes (thought it would enable file sharing, but other problems too numerous to mention ...)

First time I used iCal after the iCloud debacle, all my color-coded 'calendars' were gone and File-New Calendar did not work at all.

Trying to restore from Time Machine worked no better. I can see a few events, but only the last month or so.

Using Calendar Accounts, I can "add" calendars for my two main gmail accounts, but they contain no data, and I can't seem to switch to them or sync them.

Can't enable Google Calendar in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.