Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed an album title of a purchased song, but it won't show the change on my iPhone. What should I do?

I have terrible OCD, especially with my iTunes library. I buy all of my music on iTunes, but sometimes it shows an album title I'd like to change (mainly with albums that have the "EP" or "Single" in it). I change it and it shows up on my MacBook, but when I sync my iPhone 5, it doesn't show the change. I don't know what to do and this is bothering me very much. What can I do to fix this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 9:08 AM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2013 1:32 AM in response to mbaumgardner97

i think that the file is write protected so you cant change any info, it may play along till the end until you hit ok but actually nothing happens so you have to disable the read only and it should work.

incase that didnt work is you should delete the song from your iPhone and copy it back again, this may happen as itunes would recognize the presence of the song but doesnt recognize the change in the info!!!

Dec 12, 2013 1:47 AM in response to mbaumgardner97

Hi,

I have encounter the same issue. I use match and I changed titles on some purchased albums. I have another computer on which I open iTunes and I see all my music in match. All changes I made have been updated in my match library.

However, when I view the library on my ipad, none of the changes I have recently made to purchased track have appeared. The original data is shown.

This leads me to believe that the music app uses the iTunes Store description, not the one on your computers library even when you sync your ipad / iPhone with your computer.

By the way, genre changes on those tracks have stuck!!!

Jim

Dec 28, 2013 7:15 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I had a similar issue and spoke to someone at Apple, who sent me this:

1. Sign out of iTunes on iPhone.

2. Put the iPhone in airplane mode

3. Delete the incorrectly named albums from the iPhone

4. Edit your album names in your iTunes library to what you want

5. Move the songs & albums from your iTunes library back to your iPhone

6. Disconnect

7. Turn off airplane mode

I've had some slight issues arising from it, but the original problem appears fixed.

Hope it helps,

Will

Jun 20, 2014 12:05 AM in response to mbaumgardner97

I was having this issue as well and have come up with a solution which may work for you.

When you're scrolling though your music on the iphone it seems to look at the "Sort Album" field instead of the "Album" field. Hence even if you change the name of the album (ie. remove '- Single') from the name, it if still exists in the "Sort Album" field then that's what it will show. Change this field, and it should fix the name on the phone.

Take note though, that if it's only a one track single, then the "Sort Album" field will be blank by default. In order for it to stop reverting to the itunes name, you must populate this field to how you want it.

I haven't tested this with itunes match on so not sure if it will affect it at all.

Hope this helps

I changed an album title of a purchased song, but it won't show the change on my iPhone. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.