Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple loops at one time

I am trying to create music by looping vocals one after another on separate loops and be able to hear the previous ones as I am continuing on with the others. I am using an apogee foot controller and have managed to map out the buttons as I would like, but the only way I know how to get multple loop tracks is to use separate patches. That way each fresh patch has the same perameters i.e the same button starts the recording and it has its own Loopback. I tried to use the concert level loopback, but was unsuccesful. Now I have all assignments except next and previous for the GIO on a patch level which allows me to controll each patch independantly by the exact same button mapping. The thing I don't know how to do is get them all to output and run at the same time even as I switch from patch to patch.

Thanks, Eric

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 12:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2013 5:26 AM in response to EZEVANS

I have good news for anyone wanting to liveloop multiple channels at once with MainStage. It can be done!

Sam Greene over at Audio Propeller has some great videos on this and other topics. Some content is free, all content can be bought for $5.00/month and you only have to pay one month at a time.

http://www.audiopropellor.com

The bad news seems to be the lack of "Banks" on the GIO foot controller.

Here is my post to him on his site -

Sam, Great work on these. I am using MainStage 3 and this video is still very relevant. I was able to follow all of your instructions and map everything needed to record etc. I am using an Apogee GIO (foot controller) which if you are familiar with it has a row of square buttons across the top that have play, record, rewind,fast forward and stop. I used these for the Record, Play/Stop, Undo, Clear, Reverse as you did in the video. They all work great! I have a second row of generic buttons that I thought would make great bank switchers to go from one Looper to another. The thing I found myself saying at the end of the video when you asked if there was anything else was “wait! how do I map the banks to switch from loop to loop!!” You say that you do it but not how.

And here is his reply

Eric,
Glad you’re enjoying them.

I think the best you can do is to map another looper to those buttons.

The FCB1010 has banks select buttons that let the operator change the values the buttons output. I would switch to bank #2 on the pedal and then map those buttons to looper #2. Unless the Gio has some similar mode, you’re stuck with only 10 buttons. Apple could add some kind of functionality that would address this, but I would think it’s unlikely.

So it seems that Sam is out of ideas on this. Here is my next question that I have asked in Logic Pro Help forum

I have this same desire to use multiple Banks with GIO. I have programed the top row of buttons to record, play/stop, undo, clear, and reverse. I would like to use the bottom row to switch from one concert level looper to the next, for a total of five loopers (there are five buttons). Is Bank a function of software or hardware? I see there is a "Current Bank Number" option in the Actions folder. Couldn't there be a number of Banks programed in there as well? it seems a shame to have to buy another foot controller after spending the cash for the GIO. I bought the GIO after being so impressed with Apogee's MIC, but will be much disappointed if I cannot live loop my vocals with multiple tracks as I think this will be my primary way of getting my ideas for songs down.

Any insights are appreciated.

Multiple loops at one time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.