Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD 7 doest not burn but my Burner does work

HI guys!

I have been using iDVD for a few years now and it has been doing great for me. I just started using it after a long time and when I built a nice project on it and set it to burn it ejects the disc after it compresses everything and tells me its about to multiplex.

I am no novice when it comes to iDVD and have created great looking projects on it. So I have tried different write speeds, maybe thinking that my drive has burnt its last dvd i tried Toast and it created a dvd with no problem.

Anyone have an idea of why iDVD is behaving this way? Maybe I need to erase some files from it to restart it?

Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 1:00 PM

1 reply

Dec 7, 2013 11:04 PM in response to snugglepaw

Hi

iDVD is needing space to be able to run OK

This space must be on - the Start-Up Hard Disk (Boot drive most often named Macintosh HD) - and can not use free space elsewhere.

I never let this go less than

• 25Gb for SL-DVD work.

• about 50Gb for DL-DVDs

• if HD-material is used 4 - 5 times more (100Gb - 200Gb) (and btw the resulting DVD will not be any better but ev. slightly lower quality as downscaling is done badly)

Else

• Use of DVD Brand and type matters - I only use DVD-R and Verbatim - Never ever Memorex or NoName etc.

• I also run a Cleaning DVD from time to time (Not the liquid type - but the one with brushes)

God Luck

Yours Bengt W

iDVD 7 doest not burn but my Burner does work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.