Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow response when clicking between file photos since going to Mountain Lion

Some months ago I switched from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion on my iMac. Everything works okay exceot that when I'm going through photos in files. After clicking on one, there's a delay for a couple seconds and then the pinwheel appears for two or three more seconds before the selected photo pops up. Everything else seems fine, but Snow Leopard never did this. My computer tech knowledge is very limited, but I did do what some prople already suggested such as making sure all other applications were closed, emptying the cache and clearing cookies.

So, I'm using OSX 10.8.5. The processor is 3.06GHz and the memory is 4GB 1067 MHz RAM.

I'd sure appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 11:57 AM

1 reply

Dec 7, 2013 5:16 PM in response to rockcat47

Oh, by the way, I've also heard that there may be inherent problems when one updates their operating system to a newer one. Would it be a general rule that it's better not to do that sort or thing and just wait until you decide to buy a new computer? As I mentioned above, I'm pretty limited in my knowlefge of these things, but I'm told that sometimes the new system doesn't match up well with the other things. That already happened with one of the applications I have and I had to download a "fix" to get it working like it used to.

Slow response when clicking between file photos since going to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.