Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my time Capsule says, that backup could not be completed, as image of the volume is already in use

I realised, that the last backup was done on Dec 3rd, today is the 7th. something changed and the TC window says " backup could not be completed, as image of the volume is already in use"
Anyone seen this message before, how do I resolve this?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 1:06 PM

4 replies

Dec 7, 2013 1:09 PM in response to Josef Kueffner

First, restart your MacBook and the Time Capsule. After doing this, you will be able to make backups again without any problem.

It is a known problem in OS X Lion and newer. Apple released a Time Capsule firmware update that fixed this issue, so after restarting the MacBook and the Time Capsule, open AirPort Utility (in /Applications/Utilities) and follow the steps in the application to upgrade the firmware of the Time Capsule. See > http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1673

my time Capsule says, that backup could not be completed, as image of the volume is already in use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.