Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my imac keyboard has stopped working? help!!!

my imac keyboard has stopped working??? help!!!!!

iMac, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 1:49 PM

9 replies

Dec 14, 2014 4:47 PM in response to lpev10

My keyboard just stopped working out of the clear. One minuet OK next it was dead. No little green light at all. New batteries did not help.

FIXED THE PROBLEM! I took a small piece of aluminum, made a little ball out of it and dropped it down the tube where the batteries go. Replaced the batteries I had just used......little green light comes on and the the keyboard functions like always.

My guess is after a few years the contacts oxidize a bit and don't make contact with the batteries on the bottom of the tube. Give it a try.

Dec 15, 2014 11:03 AM in response to lpev10

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I found that the battery contact at the bottom of the battery compartment of the key board gets a little oxidized and doesn't make contact with the battery.

I put a small piece of aluminum foil, the size of a small pea in the tube to make a better contact with the battery and then tightened the cap on the battery compartment. That seemed to fix everything.

Ed

my imac keyboard has stopped working? help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.