Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 3rd generation iPod won't turn on and just started making a were beepin noise? What does this mean and how can I fix it?

The back light turns on and I can hear the click wheel but no apple sign comes up on the screen. Any guidance would be much appreciated ;)

iPod nano, 3rd gen

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 2:41 PM

2 replies

Dec 7, 2013 3:03 PM in response to Tralalanin

It's possible that your iPod is working to some extent (since the backlight is on and the click wheel makes a sound when used), but the LCD screen is not working. First, try doing a Reset (which restarts the iPod)

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320

Even if it is still not working, does anything change after doing the Reset?

If that does not help, when you connect it to your computer's USB and run iTunes, does it appear in the sidebar under DEVICES? If it does, select it in iTunes and try doing a Restore. The Restore button is on the iPod's Summary screen in iTunes. This will erase the iPod, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings.

If the iPod does not appear in iTunes when connected, or if doing a Restore does not solve the problem, the cause is likely to be hardware-related.

My 3rd generation iPod won't turn on and just started making a were beepin noise? What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.