Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s Voice Memo App has 5 second delay when the record button is pressed. When it starts recording, it goes from 0 seconds to 5 or so seconds recorded. This happens randomly and often and sometimes has the delay but starts at zero. Solution Anyone?

After iOS 7 update, my iPhone 4s Voice Memo App has 5 second delay when the record button is pressed. When it starts recording, it goes from 0 seconds to 5 or so seconds that it shows has recorded. This happens randomly and often, sometimes it will have the 5+ second delay but starts recording at zero seconds. Besides the delay it has been working fine as far as saving and playback is concerned. I have plenty of storage on the phone itself and it NEVER had this problem before I updated to iOS 7. I've reset the phone a couple times by holding down the power and home buttons at the same time. The reason I have an issue with this is that I'm always recording song ideas, melodies, and scratch takes; what I'm saying is when I come up with an idea I need to be able to know that when I hit record it will start right then so I don't forget anything that has just popped in my mind.

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 8:47 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4s Voice Memo App has 5 second delay when the record button is pressed. When it starts recording, it goes from 0 seconds to 5 or so seconds recorded. This happens randomly and often and sometimes has the delay but starts at zero. Solution Anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.