Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White Screen while installing Win 7 with boot camp

I am trying to install Win 7 using the Boot Camp assistant on OS X Mavericks on my new iMac 27-inch with 1 TB HD. After deciding on the partition size for Win 7 (I took the default 20 GB) the computer screen turned completely white, without any Apple logo or other indication as to whether the computer was actually running. This has now gone on for more than 12 hours. I tried several times to turn the computer off by pressing the power button, but nothing happened. Now I am wondering if I should just pull the plug and try to restart.

I NEED HELP. Since this is Sunday, it looks like Apple Support is closed as I tried to go online to the Chat Room and there is no response.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 11:13 PM

4 replies

Jun 8, 2014 9:50 AM in response to kenw18

I'm having the same experience. Did you find a solution? Thanks for any suggestion.

Have a fresh 10.9.5 system in bay 1, a 4GB thumb, and my Windows 8 install disc in optical drive.

Boot Camp "Assistant" progresses through download of Windows Support Software, auto-reboots and remains at white/grey screen. Forever!

Jun 8, 2014 10:04 AM in response to kenw18

I have solved the problem, but it was 6 months ago and I don't remember exactly how I did it. I was installing Windows 7, not 8, and I did not use my install disc. I found a website that included a Windows boot image that I used and followed the instructions there. I suggest you do some Googling to find help on installing Windows 8 on the Mac bootcamp. Are you using a laptop or iMac? I have an iMac and I had to use a wired mouse to complete the Windows install as it did not recognise my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. I had no such problems installing Windows on my laptop.

Good luck.

White Screen while installing Win 7 with boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.