Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp is stuck copying Windows files.

User uploaded file

I've quit Boot Camp and re-opened it. I've restarted my computer. I have no updates available. I've reinstalled Maverics and also downloaded Boot camp from a third party. Nothing seems to work. I have a MacBook Pro (Retina Late 2013) and have OSX 10.9 installed.

I've also followed many other threads that have been "resolved" but non of which actually fix this problem.

PLEASE HELP!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Late 2013

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2016 1:17 AM

If anyone is still on this thread then I found that you can view how far it really is done by going to Applications>Utilities>Activity Monitor>Disk then find Boot Camp Assistant among the list and under bytes written tab compare that to the iso size and for example it is a 4GB iso and the bytes written are 3GB then it would be 75% done the part of coping the windows files to the usb. This as expected takes ages so just be patient

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2016 1:17 AM in response to Eamon N.

If anyone is still on this thread then I found that you can view how far it really is done by going to Applications>Utilities>Activity Monitor>Disk then find Boot Camp Assistant among the list and under bytes written tab compare that to the iso size and for example it is a 4GB iso and the bytes written are 3GB then it would be 75% done the part of coping the windows files to the usb. This as expected takes ages so just be patient

Dec 7, 2013 10:44 PM in response to Eamon N.

Are you trying to install Windows from a USB drive or DVD? If you have got the USB drive or DVD with Windows, make sure the option to create a USB drive is unticked when you open Boot Camp Assistant.

The Late 2013 MacBook Pro needs special Boot Camp drivers that can only be downloaded from Boot Camp Assistant, so remove the drivers you downloaded, close Boot Camp Assistant, open it again and start the download again. This process may take up to an hour, depending on your Internet connection.

Then, the installation should start. Follow these steps > http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1636/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_ 10.8.pdf

Oct 19, 2014 3:44 PM in response to ertn

I have the same issue but instead after around 30 mins being stuck at around 50% I get this:User uploaded file

I have tried several times to no avail. At first I thought it was a fault of the ISO but I have tried 3 different ISOs (Win7, Win8 and Win8.1) and I get the same issue.

I am running Yosemite official release (not beta)

Sep 15, 2015 7:43 PM in response to Eamon N.

I've done this process twice and both times it took 2+ hours but finally completed. It looks like it is not moving, but files are still transferring. I would recommend plugging in the power cord and letting it finish overnight. BTW, having both Windows and OSX installed has made this my favorite computer ever!

Boot camp is stuck copying Windows files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.