Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme and Express - connecting both via Powerline?

Hi

Recently moved to Virgin and now have a Superhub 2 Modem/Router. However, still want to use my existing Airport Extreme (4th Gen) and recently purchased Airport Express (2nd Gen).

I can put the Superhub 2 into Modem only mode so the Airport Extreme is only router. I currently extend the network around the house with the Airport Express.

Is there anyway I can connect the Extreme to the Express via a Netgear Powerline? If so, will this work with both 2.4 and 5.0 networks.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 9:41 AM

Is there anyway I can connect the Extreme to the Express via a Netgear Powerline? If so, will this work with both 2.4 and 5.0 networks.

Yes on both. Note however, when interconnected by Powerline adapters, it would be the same as though they were connected by Ethernet. The type of extended network would not be an "extended" network but a "roaming" one. Both basically do the same thing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2013 9:41 AM in response to AppleMacCider

Yes on both. Note however, when interconnected by Powerline adapters, it would be the same as though they were connected by Ethernet. The type of extended network would not be an "extended" network but a "roaming" one. Both basically do the same thing.

Airport Extreme and Express - connecting both via Powerline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.