4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2013 9:22 PM by letpeaceprevail
letpeaceprevail Level 1 (0 points)

Could anyone make a suggestion for the smoothest transition effect if one is using video loops in Keynote?  There seems to be a bit of a pause in the video when clicking between slides.  I am using Keynote '08 (v4.0.4) on a MacBook OS 10.6.8.  Thank you.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • Gary Scotland Level 6 (12,772 points)

Transitions will always stop the outgoing video and show a delay of the incoming video.

The best way is to combine the two videos using a video editing application but the following works well using builds

place the two video files and a shape filled with black that fills the screen on the same side

create an in build using a dissolve on the shape

create an out build using a dissolve on the shape

drag the items in the build order to this

set video 2 to Appear

dont include a build for video 1 as it is to play automatically when the slide is played

Picture 1.png

• PresenterMentor Level 1 (40 points)

I do something similar - I mask the video with an appropriately coloured box, and set the 'build out' on the box to 'after transition.'

I usually use a 'dissolve' anywhere from 0.5 to 2.5 seconds for the maksing box, so the video loop sound comes in first and then the movie fades up smoothly.

• letpeaceprevail Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you so much for taking the time to prepare such a careful and helpful reply!  I really appreciate it.

• letpeaceprevail Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and for giving me such specific help.  Sometimes those little things make a great difference.  I appreciate it.