Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport express streaming music drops

recently bought an airport express to connect wirelessly and to stream music through ps3. I was using a cheap dlink router and never had an issue. Now, while streaming the music drops constantly and netflix buffers more than it should. I placed the AE where the dlink router was excactly, so positioning shouldnt be an issue.

I am not using both routers now, just the AE, and am curious as to why it is less reliable than the dlink. Note: I did purchase a refurb AE, not sure if thats the reason. I did test the wireless connection and it came back"working properly".

Any suggestions?

My macbook pro, that I am streaming from, is also wireless, no ethernet cable connected by the way!

cheers!

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 5:34 AM

9 replies

Dec 8, 2013 10:15 AM in response to Tesserax

Hello,

The express, macbook pro and ps3 are on the same floor, and a very small floor, the exact same spot and position as the old dlink router.

I am using a media server called Medialink which I downloaded some time ago. The exact same config as before without audio drops, I basically took the dlink away and replaaved it with the Airport Express.

Dec 8, 2013 1:35 PM in response to slider200

Ok, so you are not utilizing the Express' audio circuit but just its wireless one for streaming between the software DNLA media server (Medialink) and your PS3 which is a DNLA media client.

You may find that just a simple repositioning of the AirPort Express may significantly improve the streaming quality. Please take a look at the following AirPort User Tip for optimum placement details.

Apr 27, 2015 10:41 AM in response to Tesserax

Hi tesserax - wonder if you can help. I have a pair or bang and olufsen bola 3 speakers connected to a new airport express. I can play music from my iTunes mac directly through the express but I have just signed up to deezer and cant figure our how to play through the express and beloabs. I'm currently listening too deezer on my mac speakers no problem. Thanks ! :-)

airport express streaming music drops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.