Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't create an Organizational chart on Pages_09

I am currently writing my dissertation and this is my first time using pages, i like the interface better. its simple and more convenient I'm used to sm word for mac. my problem is i can't create an org. chart on pages. if there's anyway to go about it i'd be grateful if i got help. thnanks.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 5:43 AM

I think what you are missing is the flexible connection line to link objects.

create and select 2 objects (Textbox/Shape/Table/Chart) > Menu > Insert > Connection Line

It is nowhere near as sophisticated as Words organisation charts but you can build one.

Peter

5 replies

Dec 8, 2013 7:46 AM in response to Heyapple101

Here's a thought. What document format is your dissertation requirement? If it is expected in a Microsoft Word format, then you would be better served (without future surprises) to do your dissertation entirely in MS Word, and take advantage of Microsoft's Smart Art (Hierarchy category) graphics within Word.

Your work will look professionally done and not hand-drawn. You will create all work directly in a native Word document format, and not experience potential format issues when Pages attempts to translate its content to a non-native format. Dissertations are very important. Don't gamble. Enjoy Pages on less critical documents.

Can't create an Organizational chart on Pages_09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.