Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to maintain cover artwork when importing from media library

Hello,

I would need some help on a small, but pretty annoying issue I keep experiencing.

I manage my music with iTunes 11, i.e. I use my personal library to rip my CDs to iTunes. Often cover art of albums does not appear automatically, which I then manage by manually downloading them from Amazon and copying them to the iTunes songs. So far so good.

In order to keep my hard disk space at reasonable level, I then share relevant music with my family by importing iTunes files to their media library using the opiton not to copy the entire file, but just create the link. They use the same computer, but personal user accounts. All works fine except that the cover art work often gets lost. Interestingly, it is still there in my iTunes library and the effect is not reproducible, ie for some albums I lose the cover art and for some not. The issue of course proliferates to any connected devices such as iPhone and iPod.

I have had this problem for years and upgrading to newest OS and iTunes versions never helped.

Does anybody experience the same and has found a solution?

Many thanks in advance,

Markus

PS: The above is a work around, as suprisingly there is no easy way to share your albums with users on the same computer, only across different devices in the same network.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 6:25 AM

There are no replies.

How to maintain cover artwork when importing from media library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.