Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lcd/display iPhone 5 broken. How can I unlock the device?

I need to unlock it or even restore to factory setting in order to sell it. It keeps saying I should turn off "Find My iPhone" before it can be restored. But I can't, even from my icloud account control panel or from itunes on my pc, on which I have back ups. The buyer wants to be sure it is only the display which is broken, so I wanted to restore from my itunes, and set it up as new, so we can test if it can recieve calls. How do I get around this without the replacing the display?

iPhone 5, Broken lcd display

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 7:22 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2013 7:28 AM in response to Chifen

Can you login to iCloud.com from your computer, locate the phone, then erase it? But, if the phone is running iOS 7.0., you will still need to do the following:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5661

If you can't, the phone will not be able to be re-activated without knowing your Apple ID/Password.

I'm afraid you're gonna have to get the phone fixed first. Many Apple stores, in the US, will replace the screen/digitizer for US $149.

Lcd/display iPhone 5 broken. How can I unlock the device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.