Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 8.1.2

HI, I have SL 10.6.8 installed on a partitions on my external Drive with iPhot 8.1.2 in the applications foleder, I also have a disk I make a couple years ago with photos of myu iPhoto file. The ifor I get from the iPhoto icon on the disk says it is version 8.1.2. When I try to openit on SL I geta dialog that there was an error

trying to read the disk and I have to either close, send a report to Apple. ignore (which clopsies the app.

What is wrong with the app? Any clues? I tried to upgrade it but to no avail so far.

Runnig Mcericks 10.9 4GB Ram.

Thanks

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 8:43 AM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2013 10:39 AM in response to charlesfromcorrales

Here's how to get photos from discs created with previous versions of iPhoto into your current iPhoto 9.5 library:

1 - copy the library from the disk to the Desktop.

2 - download and double click on the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool to launch it and select the library on the Desktop to convert.

3 - launch iPhoto 9.5 and open the newly converted library on the Desktop.

4 - use the paid version of iPhoto Library Manager to merge the library on the Desktop into the iPhoto 9.5 library in the Pictures folder.

5 - confirm that all of the photos from the Destkop library have been successfully imported into the iPhoto 9.5 library before deleteing the library from the Desktop.

6 - repeat Steps #1 - #5 for each library on a disk.

User uploaded file Happy Holidays

iphoto 8.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.