Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blu-Ray Authoring problem with Compressor 4

Hi there

I have a blu-ray problem that's been driving me mad. Sure hope someone might be able to help me.

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz i7 8GB RAM running OSX 10.8.5.

I have Compressor 4.0.7 and an external Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Drive SE-506AB which I use to burn Blu-Ray discs.

When I first got the drive I used Compressor to encode and directly burn to Blu-Ray on the Samsung drive and it all worked perfectly. So I know the drive works and I know that in theory the computer and the drive can speak to each other.

However, now, a few weeks later, it's no longer working. The encoding is fine, but then as soon as Compressor launches the Create Disc helper app the process freezes. A window comes up saying "PLEASE INSERT THE MEDIA TO BURN THE DISC.." but when I insert a Blu-Ray disc it whirrs around for a bit and then stops. No disc burning takes place and the "Please insert the Media..." window never goes away.

The weird thing is that I tried using the drive to burn a DVD and it worked fine. It's just got a problem with Blu-Ray burning. It's like Compressor can't find the Blu-Ray burning helper app, or whatever it is.

I have reinstalled Compressor 4, but it didn't change anything.

I noticed in the console the log is flooded with this command:

kernel[0]: SCSITaskUserClient - Invalid arguments: scatterGatherEntries = 1, requestedTransferCount = 0, transfer direction is 0

every second this command repeats itself while the Creat Disc app is running.

I'd love any suggestions!

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 9:13 AM

9 replies

Mar 15, 2015 8:41 PM in response to Laszlo K

Hello, I wondered if you ever solved this problem. I've been using my blu-ray burner for months now just fine and the exact same thing happened to me. It burns dvds and cd-rs just fine but when I use Compressor, it keeps spitting the blu-ray media out and repeatedly asks: "Please insert the media to burn the disc."

I also tried Disk Utility and it won't burn blu-rays either. If it was the drive, I doubt it would be able to burn dvds so I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Blu-Ray Authoring problem with Compressor 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.