Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Fast Forward/Slow down in iMovie

I have the new iMovie and i took a video on my laptop with the iSight camera and will not let me speed up. Please help!

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 2:46 PM

18 replies

May 26, 2014 8:03 AM in response to Matthew Morgan

Hi All,

Ive never used iMovie before but just trying to for the first time. Ive had the same problem whereas im trying to slow down the opening title (in star wars type theme) which scrolls far too fast. Ive followed various suggestions and as far as I can see ive created a new Movie (not event) yet, the movie appears in the list of 'iMovie Librarys'.

Is that right?

Anyway, when selecting the clip within the movie I want to slow down or slo-mo, all options are greyed out.

Whats wrong? how do I fix it please?

Aug 27, 2014 11:26 AM in response to kasia_plus3

kasia_plus3 wrote:

I made my movie from still photos, but I hope It doesn't matter?

Yes, it does matter. The speed controls don't work on still images.

Instead you want to change the duration of the clip. Select the clip, click the Adjust Button then choose Clip Information (the little "i"). Enter the duration you wish you clip to last.

Changing the duration effective speeds up or slows down the clip with still images.

Matt

Can't Fast Forward/Slow down in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.