Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad mute button is stuck. how can I unmute?

how can I unmute my ipad mute setting? seems to be stuck.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 4:52 PM

There are two ways that system sounds can be muted.

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to>Mute. If you have the iPad set that way, then the switch above the volume button controls mute and unmute.

If you have the side switch set to lock screen rotation, the mute switch is a software switch in the control center. Swipe up from the bottom of the iPad to get to the Control Center and the Mute icon looks like a bell. It's in the row next to the half moon icon. If the bell is white, then system sounds are muted.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2013 4:52 PM in response to jfkwi

There are two ways that system sounds can be muted.

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to>Mute. If you have the iPad set that way, then the switch above the volume button controls mute and unmute.

If you have the side switch set to lock screen rotation, the mute switch is a software switch in the control center. Swipe up from the bottom of the iPad to get to the Control Center and the Mute icon looks like a bell. It's in the row next to the half moon icon. If the bell is white, then system sounds are muted.

my ipad mute button is stuck. how can I unmute?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.