Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps hang when I try to delete them

The apps wobble, but hang when I try to delete them. Then, the ipad mini restarts. Moreover, I am unable to access certain apps, am unable to download or update apps. I have checked 'deleting apps' under settings, but it doesn't work.

Help please?

iPad 2

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 3:57 PM

1 reply

Dec 8, 2013 5:25 PM in response to SeasOcean

SeasOcean wrote:

I have checked 'deleting apps' under settings, but it doesn't work.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. "Deleting apps" is a setting that you can enable in restrictions that prevents someone from deleting apps.

Or do you mean that you cannot delete apps in Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Show all apps. Tap the app that you want to delete and then tap Delete App in the next screen. If you haven't tried that, give it a whirl and see If that works.

There are two basic troubleshooting steps that you can perform that might help. Reset all settings and reset your iPad.

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. No data will be lost but all of your device settings will have to be entered again.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.

Apps hang when I try to delete them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.