Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 4s not recognize there is a usb cord attached to it and not charge?

This problem just came up today. Everytime I attach the usb charging cord into my iphone it does not vibrate like it normally would. It also does not show the lightning symbol by the battery bar and does not show that it is charging. This problem happened to my previous iphone but it had water damage. This is not the case for this phone because i recently got this phone about a week ago and it hasnt been around any water or moisture. I also tried multiple cords thinking it was that was the cause of the problem but it turned out it wasnt. This problem is really annoying and i just want my phone to charge so I can continue using it. If anyone knows anything I can do to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Josh

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 4:49 PM

5 replies

Why does my iPhone 4s not recognize there is a usb cord attached to it and not charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.