Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection to external display does not work under windows bootcamp, with a thunderbolt to vga adapter.

Hello guys, after searching a lot in the forum for an answer to this, I could not find a solution so this is the reason for this post.

I have a Macbook Pro (early 2011 I think) running MacOSX Lion and I have installed Windows 7 64-bit through bootcamp (version 4.0).

Everything works fine except that I cannot connect my external display through my thunderbolt-vga adapter.

The external monitor shows only the boot screen of windows (the one with the windows logo) and then, when I get into the login page it goes blank.

After reading the forum, I have done several things in order to fix this problem such as:

• Restarting the macbook with the thunderbolt device connected to it.
  • Updated to the latest ATI drivers through bootcamp.
  • Removed the graphics driver and re-install it again.
  • I have tried to identify the external monitor through windows 'screen resolution' tool (attached photo).

but still no luck.

Does anyone have any idea on what else I could do in order to fix this? By the way, I find it very frustrating that Apple does not have a stable solution to the problem with devices that are connected to the thunderbolt port.

Thank you in advance 🙂

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 5:24 PM

1 reply

Connection to external display does not work under windows bootcamp, with a thunderbolt to vga adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.