Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

redeem mountain lion software

I have a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air. The Air lost its operating system somehow and would not boot. I created a thumbdrive to boot it. I purchased Mountain Lion. Apple delivered a redemption code for the software. I entered the code (on the Pro, since the Air can not get to the Mac App Store). It said it was downloading, but after a long long time I saw no evidence of that, so I went to the Mac App Store to see what's up. It shows the purchase on the list, but it won't download. If I click "download" it just sits there and then reverts to the unclicked button state. If I click on the name of the software it says "Not available in the US Store." *** is this BS???? So far, Apple is worse than MS ever dreamed of being in every respect in this experience. Does anyone from Appke monitor these forums? If so, please dear God let me know how to get the software I paid for in good faith. My email is modcit@yahoo.com if that helps. Yes, I have an Apple ID and all that crap, which I will verify if you contact me. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:44 PM

Hi,

Just had the same problem and was totally confused by the entire situation. No expert advice to offer and I am hopelessly confused with the new "App Store" situation - I can't even get that working on my laptop even though the App is there. I only want to load Mountain Lion into my desktop Mac Pro and things are working on that computer. After jumping through multiple hoops managed to get to the redeem point on the desktop computer. I have been using Snow Leopard and am only upgrading to Mountain Lion because I need to go to 10.8 for some other software I want to install.

I clicked on that **** thing multiple times before I finally noticed a little tiny slider had appeared on my dock which begins filling up with blue. It takes a long while but when it is finished a little button with a Mountain Lion photo will appear in the dock and that allows you to install. Don't know if your experience will be the same and if this will be of any help but since no one has responded I thought I'd try. Yes, I had the "Not available in the US Store" thing too...oh, probably a waste of time contacting support because they gave me some canned information which applied to an iPad. Despite several emails back and forth I finally figured out the guy wasn't really reading the questions I was asking because his responses didn't apply. Duh.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2013 2:44 PM in response to modcit

Hi,

Just had the same problem and was totally confused by the entire situation. No expert advice to offer and I am hopelessly confused with the new "App Store" situation - I can't even get that working on my laptop even though the App is there. I only want to load Mountain Lion into my desktop Mac Pro and things are working on that computer. After jumping through multiple hoops managed to get to the redeem point on the desktop computer. I have been using Snow Leopard and am only upgrading to Mountain Lion because I need to go to 10.8 for some other software I want to install.

I clicked on that **** thing multiple times before I finally noticed a little tiny slider had appeared on my dock which begins filling up with blue. It takes a long while but when it is finished a little button with a Mountain Lion photo will appear in the dock and that allows you to install. Don't know if your experience will be the same and if this will be of any help but since no one has responded I thought I'd try. Yes, I had the "Not available in the US Store" thing too...oh, probably a waste of time contacting support because they gave me some canned information which applied to an iPad. Despite several emails back and forth I finally figured out the guy wasn't really reading the questions I was asking because his responses didn't apply. Duh.

redeem mountain lion software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.