Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod is displaying the itunes logo and a usb cord. I've tried reseting it but I can't get it so do anything!

My ipod is displaying the itunes logo and a usb cord. I've tried resetting it but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 9:17 PM

Your in DFU mood do this:

iOS: Unable to update or restore

Follow these steps to perform a recovery-mode restore on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may need to perform a recovery-mode restore if you experience any of the following situations on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device:

• Displays the Apple logo with no progress bar or a stopped progress bar for over ten minutes.
  • Restarts but never displays the Home screen.
  • Is no longer recognized in iTunes after an update or restore did not complete.
  • Automatically goes into recovery mode after having an issue while installing an update or performing a regular restore.

How to perform a recovery-mode restore

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is already showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen, please go to step 5.
  1. Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until step 3.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

3. While pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:
    User uploaded file
    Note:
    If the image of a battery appears, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again. If you don't see the Connect to iTunes screen, try these steps 1 through 4 again.
  5. iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:
    User uploaded file
    "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
    Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
  6. Use iTunes to restore the device.

If you see the Connect to iTunes screen but the device does not appear in iTunes, follow these troubleshooting steps if you're using a Mac, or these steps for Windows computers.

Additional Information

Note: When using recovery mode, you can only restore the device. All user content on the device will be erased, but if you had previously synced with iTunes on this computer, you can restore from a previous backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2013 9:17 PM in response to Carly8187

Your in DFU mood do this:

iOS: Unable to update or restore

Follow these steps to perform a recovery-mode restore on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You may need to perform a recovery-mode restore if you experience any of the following situations on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device:

• Displays the Apple logo with no progress bar or a stopped progress bar for over ten minutes.
  • Restarts but never displays the Home screen.
  • Is no longer recognized in iTunes after an update or restore did not complete.
  • Automatically goes into recovery mode after having an issue while installing an update or performing a regular restore.

How to perform a recovery-mode restore

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is already showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen, please go to step 5.
  1. Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until step 3.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.

If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.

3. While pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:
    User uploaded file
    Note:
    If the image of a battery appears, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again. If you don't see the Connect to iTunes screen, try these steps 1 through 4 again.
  5. iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:
    User uploaded file
    "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
    Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
  6. Use iTunes to restore the device.

If you see the Connect to iTunes screen but the device does not appear in iTunes, follow these troubleshooting steps if you're using a Mac, or these steps for Windows computers.

Additional Information

Note: When using recovery mode, you can only restore the device. All user content on the device will be erased, but if you had previously synced with iTunes on this computer, you can restore from a previous backup.

My ipod is displaying the itunes logo and a usb cord. I've tried reseting it but I can't get it so do anything!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.