Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making a vacation photo book. Do i need to convert my pics to CMYK or does apple printing do that?

Hello, I want to make a vacation photo book as a christmas present. I am a graphic artist and also have indesign, photoshop, and illustrator.
1) Do i need to convert my pics to CMYK or does apple printing do that? I've modified a pic in photoshop to adjust levels and lighting on people. It was too dark before.

2) I'm guessing that Iphoto is the only way to submit a book. (not creating it in indesign)

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 7:09 PM

2 replies

Dec 8, 2013 8:15 PM in response to Designer630

1 - no - to use in iPhoto (and therefore in an iPhoto book) the image must be RGB - sRGB is by far the best - other color profiles do not print as well

2 - not at all - there are many, many book services available - do a google search - as far as I know Adobe does not offer one but lots of people do

additionally be very careful about overprocessing your photos in PhotoShop - most p[eople who do are not pleased with the rtesults - iPhoto books are designed for iPhot processing, point and shoot cameras using sRGB and are best is editing is done in iPhoto - see the links under preparing your prints in this article - http://store.apple.com/us/help/print_products

LN

Making a vacation photo book. Do i need to convert my pics to CMYK or does apple printing do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.