Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad netflix projection problem

Since the last updates to the iPad OS and the Netflix application for the iPad, I can no longer stream netflix content using my projector. Youtube video stream works fine. Netflix shows the red Netflix screen and a bubble pops up saying: "cannot play video, connected display not supported"" I have seen some threads that suggest this problem is resolved but I have deinstalled and reinstalled the most recent Netflix app and done all the iPad updates and nothing seems to do the trick. Any suggestions? This is pretty frustrating. It ***** to have your devices feel more and more locked down with every update.

Xfinity does not work either but that seems overt and purposeful. A message pops up saying that due to aggreements with their Network partners about security that you can only watch the content on your mobile device.

iPad

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2017 5:35 AM

I totally agree it's completely annoying I just bought a mini projector hoping to be able to use airplay but no such luck you can still use it with YouTube or FilmOn but forget about it if you want to stream Netflix or Amazon video sure I could use the microSD slot but that's not why I purchased this such a let down come on Apple what are you thinking

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2017 5:35 AM in response to carlin elinore

I totally agree it's completely annoying I just bought a mini projector hoping to be able to use airplay but no such luck you can still use it with YouTube or FilmOn but forget about it if you want to stream Netflix or Amazon video sure I could use the microSD slot but that's not why I purchased this such a let down come on Apple what are you thinking

Dec 18, 2013 4:34 PM in response to carlin elinore

So I have now downloaded the latest Netflix app update and it has not fixed the problem at all. It still says "Cannot play video, connected display is not supported." I downloaded the NBC app and that says "Airplay is not supported." I have not problem playing videos straight from the Safari app or Youtube. Can anyone out there tell me what is wrong. This is super frustrating. It isn't clear to me if this is a Netflix problem or Apple problem since people at either place point to the other company when I talk to them on the phone. It ***** when updates create problems where none existed before.

Anyone else running into this?

Anyone found a fix?

ipad netflix projection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.