Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you play 32 bit media in iTunes?

When users of itunes purchase 32 bit media in the itunes store, 64 bit itunes doesnt play it. You can no longer open itunes in 32 bit mode even if you check that box. so what should users do?

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 7:47 PM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2013 11:31 AM in response to varjak paw

Thanks for responding. Let me get specific. I bought Beware of Mr. Baker and Crank 2 movies in the iTunes store and downloaded them to the latest version of iTunes on a Mac Mini that is less than 1 year old with all updates installed. Niether movie plays. Instead, a notice comes up that says that the movies do not work with this version of iTunes, and need to be played using Quicktime. I can do this, but for the rest of the people in my household, it is difficult to the point of complete opacity. ...so there is a support discussion that says you can play them if you open iTunes in 32 bit mode. But when you do this, iTunes will not open at all, and gives you a notice saying that it can't run other than in 64 bit mode.

I just want to double click the movies I bought in iTunes and have them play. What am i missing?

s

How do you play 32 bit media in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.