Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have imovie '13 and want to export to a dvd but don't want export to .mp4

So I have imovie '13 and want to export to a dvd to play for all my buddies but can't use idvd anymore because iMovie '13 doesn't have idvd. How do i export my documentary to a dvd to play on dvd player. Specifically tried to export to dvd already but only can convert to .mp4 and pretty sure that can't play on a older dvd player or gaming console (just using gaming console as dvd player). Is there any software outside of Apple I need to get or am i missing something? This is first 20+ minute project on Imovie '13 and am new to it. Anything helpful would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 9:18 PM

10 replies

Dec 9, 2013 6:27 AM in response to tommy_217

OK, I thought when you said you couldn't use iDVD anymore that you were assuming because there was no iDVD menu in iMovie that this was preventing you. I see now that you don't even have iDVD because new Macs don't ship with it.

Your options are either to buy a copy of iLife 11 from eBay or Amazon, or search th Mac App Store for DVD burning software.

I have imovie '13 and want to export to a dvd but don't want export to .mp4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.