Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GTX 775 No Drivers

*Running iMac in Bootcamp running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit*

I have recently bought an iMac 27" 3.4GHz which had a dedicated gpu which was a GTX 775M. This graphics card is the most ****ed up card out of all cards... DO NOT GET IT! GET THE UPGRADED GTX 780M IF YOU WANT TO GAME! All the modern games that are coming out require a 320.00 nvidia driver and this graphics card drivers are not to be found anywhere on the internet. In fact, it is not even listed on the products on Nvidia's website. You cannot find any information about the graphics card anywhere on the internet. This is the most useless card ever. I cant play need for speed rivals as it keeps tell me that i need 320.00 driver or newer. When i run a check on the nvidia graphics card for my current driver and graphics card installed it says my card is a gtx 775m and that my curent driver is 311.71 and message saying: "Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time." This is complete ******** and also on another check it gives me a message saying "A driver cannot be found for this device" This absolute ********! HELP ME! I wasted $2000! HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

DO NOT GET A GTX 775 IF YOU PLAN ON DOING ANY KIND OF GAMING!

MY QUESTION IS IF THERE IS A WORKAROUND THE PROBLEM OF ME NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY GAMES REQUIRING NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.00 OR HIGHER...

iMac, Windows 7, GTX 775m

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2013 11:09 PM

A quick search about the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M in Google gave me a lot of results with links to the NVIDIA website and different sites to buy this GPU for PC and Mac, so what you say is false. The problem is that this GPU is part of the 770M series, but this does not prevent you from installing the most recent driver

Apart from that, the most recent NVIDIA driver for Windows supports your GPU without any issue (it even supports the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M of my PC). I think you are looking for this driver > http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/70187/en-us T

Also, did you remember to install the Windows support software on your Mac? If not, do it by starting up in OS X and using Boot Camp Assistant to download it

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2013 11:09 PM in response to xXEvilSpencerXx

A quick search about the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M in Google gave me a lot of results with links to the NVIDIA website and different sites to buy this GPU for PC and Mac, so what you say is false. The problem is that this GPU is part of the 770M series, but this does not prevent you from installing the most recent driver

Apart from that, the most recent NVIDIA driver for Windows supports your GPU without any issue (it even supports the NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M of my PC). I think you are looking for this driver > http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/70187/en-us T

Also, did you remember to install the Windows support software on your Mac? If not, do it by starting up in OS X and using Boot Camp Assistant to download it

Dec 8, 2013 11:16 PM in response to mende1

Hey. Thanks for your reply. I will check if this works and tell you. I did install the windows support software... but all my games require at least driver 320.00 and the current driver shows as the latest driver (311.71 driver) which was installed from the bootcamp support software thing... but hopefully the link that you sent me works... i will take a screenshot and post it of what the outcome of installing this driver... The other drivers keep saying failed every time i install it... Are you able to find a page on nvidia about gtx 775m?

Dec 8, 2013 11:19 PM in response to xXEvilSpencerXx

xXEvilSpencerXx wrote:

I did install the windows support software... but all my games require at least driver 320.00 and the current driver shows as the latest driver (311.71 driver) which was installed from the bootcamp support software thing

This is the problem. The Windows support software always installs an old driver, and what you have to do is to install the newest one from the NVIDIA website.

In the NVIDIA website I can find a site about the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 series > http://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gtx-770m Then, there are benchmarks about the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M in the Internet

Dec 9, 2013 4:09 AM in response to mende1

omg! u r a lifesaver! i pretty much lost all hope in gaming on this imac! This should be advised and learnt by the apple customer service people as they were clueless. I owe you a big one! Thanks for the help! http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/70187/en-us

Is that link the latest driver available? Thanks for all the help mende1! 😀

GTX 775 No Drivers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.