Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use dual display Imac 21.5" 2011 and macbook pro 13" - NOT Target Display mode

Hi.

I am just wondering how to set up my iMac 21.5" 2011 (Thunderbolt) as an extension of display for the Macbook Pro 13" (Thunderbolt).

I have read most of the thread but most of them are about either 27" iMac or abot Target DIsplay mode.

I simply want to use one as an extensiton of the display (moving the folders and windows across the 2 mac) but TDM wont let me achieve that.

If you know how to set this up please help me out!

Kind Rregarsds

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), and Macbook Pro 13" 2012 OS Maveric

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 12:00 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2013 12:04 AM in response to yusuket89

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

Target Display mode works between those Macs (Mid 2011 21'5-inch and newer iMacs support it, too).

What you can do is to get a Thunderbolt cable, connect both of them and enable Target Display mode on the iMac by pressing Command and F2 keys.

Then, you can set up the iMac as an extended display. To do it, press Command and F1 keys on the MacBook Pro, so you can move folders and windows across those computers

How to use dual display Imac 21.5" 2011 and macbook pro 13" - NOT Target Display mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.