Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2013 9:54 AM (in response to 10geddes)
If you are interested in using your Office documents on your iPad, you may find the following article helpful:
On any Mac or PC, you can also visit icloud.com/iwork to download your iWork for iOS documents in iWork ’09, Microsoft Office, or PDF format (at icloud.com/iwork). You can also upload your iWork ’09 or Microsoft Office documents from your Mac or PC by dragging and dropping them to icloud.com/iwork; the documents will automatically appear on your iOS devices you've set up with iCloud.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 11, 2013 11:28 AM (in response to 10geddes)
More ways to transfer files and access Word documents:
A simple and popular way to copy files and share files amoung your devices.
Using iTunes to transfer files:
Files Connect -- The swiss army knife of remote file connect
• VIEW/EDIT/CREATE Word & Excel files(Office 2007/2008/2010)
• VIEW PowerPoint, PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF, and more!
• Send & receive attached supported documents using the built-in Mail app
• FREE desktop application with your purchase! Compatible on Win & Mac allows you 2-way file sync with a WIFI connection.
• Open & Edit files within DocsToGo from any 3rd party app that supports the “Open In” feature
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files
"Office² HD, the most intuitive and straightforward office document editor available on the iPad, makes it easy to open, view, create and edit Word (DOC & DOCX), Excel (XLS & XLSX), and PowerPoint (PPT & PPTX) files right from your iPad!"
Quickoffice Pro HD
Create and edit ALL Microsoft® Office -- document, spreadsheet, and presentation formats, as well as view PDF files, on the go. Our advanced file manager lets you manage local files, access Google Drive or other cloud accounts, and works with your iPad email attachments so you can work anywhere, anytime - online and offline.
nsdjoey presents ways to edit office documents in this web page: