Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.4) connects to my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.9) and immediately disconnects. Visited a Genius bar (Perth) and after they found their phones behaved the same way way they told me this was a feature of iOS 7.0.4 not a software problem. Comments!

Has anyone else had a similar problem or heard about this new feature (ie bluetooth not working between Apple devises)?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:01 AM

6 replies

Dec 9, 2013 4:51 AM in response to peterfromweymouth

Yes I have been having the same exact issue! I, too, am using an iPhone 5(ver, 7.0.4) and Macbook Pro (mid-2012ver) with OSX 10.9. As soon as they both connect, they immediatly disconnect.

IMHO, it is ridiculous that 2 different Apple devices can't seem to do something as basic as having operable bluetooth functionality!

I haven't gotten anywhere with this so I will appreciate any others input, experiences or advice.

I'll report back if anything changes.

Dec 9, 2013 6:31 AM in response to peterfromweymouth

I have an iPhone4 with iOS 7.0.4 and a new MBPro with OSX 10.9.

They see each other in BT and when I click the Pair button on the MBP it presents the code and the iPhone says I should see that code, so i click the Pair button on the iPhone.

The MBP changes to "Not connected" and the iPhone pops up "Device is not supported". Really.

I also have a few BT devices that worked perfectly for years with a 4 year old MB and a 3 y.o. MBPro - mainly I frequently use a serial-BT device for work. With 10.9 it is discovered, and I have to try connecting and have it fail before it allows me to enter the code; it connects then disconnects. 10.8.5 had more control over the pairing process and now nothing; one step forward and two steps back - nice job Apple.

Dec 9, 2013 6:48 AM in response to Dickot

iOS only supports the following bluetooth protocols on the listed devices - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3647

Note that no iOS device supports bluetooth FTP file access, nor does any iOS device support bluetooth serial profiles (and never has). Bluetooth serial connections with any iOS device require a hardware intermediary device like a ConnectBlue card.

iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.4) connects to my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.9) and immediately disconnects. Visited a Genius bar (Perth) and after they found their phones behaved the same way way they told me this was a feature of iOS 7.0.4 not a software problem. Comments!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.