Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to my new bookmarks?

Hi, since I downloaded Maverick I can't seem to save any bookmarks. All my pre-Maverick bookmarks are there but any that I've tried to save since Maverick don't go in the bookmark area. I click the + sign as normal and now instead of getting a dialogue box there is just a symbol that jumps across from the + to the bookmark icon. So far so good. But when I open the bookmark area the new bookmark is not there.I've lonly just found this out and Ive lost about a dozen bookmarks before I realised this was happening. What am I doing wrong?

Wilf

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iMac 11,1 Intel Core i5. 2.66GHz

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 2:19 AM

It seems that the + button in Safari now adds items to the reading list, not to the bookmarks list. Click on the open book icon to show the Safari sidebar, then on the eyeglasses icon in the sidebar to show the reading list.

The pages you tried to bookmark should be on the reading list.

3 replies

Feb 6, 2014 6:04 AM in response to wilfredfromcastleford

Hey All;

Aboslute way to adjust + button function:

Shortly

click and hold to the + button, at the same time press option(alt) key and choose as you wish.

Detailed explanation;

While you are on the website you'd like to ad to your bookmarks.

Click on the plus button and hold,

pop-up list should appear. On the top of this little list there should be a title saying someting similar to "add to" etc. if you press option (alt) key right now the title changes and says cometing similar to "Add to and Make Default".

(I'm using OSX on Turkish so on the title it is actually saying "Şuna Ekle" and when option key is pressed is says "Ekle ve Saptanmış Yap" therefor the tranlations might not be exact but the meanings are as I wrote 🙂 .)

, now pres alt key(option key) the one you chose now will turn in to default funtion for the + key.

Hope you all find this usefull...

User uploaded file

What happens to my new bookmarks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.