Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't send mail but can receive mail os 10.9 to imap.postoffice.net address

Upgraded to 10.9 all mail in/out is working except one account

Imap.postoffice.net will not allow outgoing mail.

Any ideas? The mail just sits in outbox and doesn't even try to send

Errror message: password cannot be sent securely (if click on continue still does not process the request)

MacBook

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 3:51 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2013 10:03 AM in response to kohlrose

Hello kohlrose,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

Configuring Mail for your email account

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1277

1. Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details.
  2. If necessary, select "Use Authentication" and enter your User Name and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
  3. If prompted, enter your Outgoing Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
  4. Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check "Take account online". Click "Create" to complete the process.

Best of luck,

Mario

Dec 11, 2013 5:27 PM in response to mario49

This was not helpful.

I have confirmed with my email company that all the settings are correct. That is IMAP for incoming, SMTP for outgoing, Correct box, correct password, SSL off. However, this problem only began at the upgrade to Mavericks. This mail provider still works with my iOS devices (phone/pad- on the same wireless network as the computer- but not at same time) and recieves email fine on my macbook. It simply won't send email The email sits in the outbox. When I check network diagnositcs I get the error message: Trying to log in to thei SMTP account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct. I have verified that both the username and password are correct. My other email accounts (including gmail, verizon, yahoo) are all working just fine. Its very frustrating. In the forums I see other similar comments.

can't send mail but can receive mail os 10.9 to imap.postoffice.net address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.