Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dropping Applescript support for Pages

apple new suite is grate!, but as it does not have Applescript support for Pages I can no longer use my citations tools and that makes pages '13 useless for me. Are you going to fix that at any time soon?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Mavericks

Posted on Dec 9, 2013 4:33 AM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Guchi922

Really nitpicking here, but Pages '13 still has Applescript support. There are still a few things you can do with it. The sad thing is that Apple removed close to all the useful commands.

If I may speculate... (Yes, I know that I may not according to the rules of the forum, but let's pretend I did not read them.) If I may speculate, I would guess that Apple will reinstate a lot of the lost Applescript support. Apple removed a lot of Pages functionality in this version, and I am not overly optimistic that any large parts will come back. However, when it comes to Applescript in particular, I guess it was not a high priority for the radically new version 5.0, but that it will be fairly easy to add in a later update. But that's just my guess.

Dec 10, 2013 2:25 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

PeterBreis0807 wrote:

Hard to add AppleScript support for things that simply are not there. 😉

True. However, if you look at the Applescript dictionary for Pages '09, most of the objects are still there in the UI in Pages 5 even though there is no way of scripting them. It seems there simply was no time to get them into the scripting dictionary. The citation tools of Guchi922 may not be supported, however.

If Apple implements all the objects they can in Pages 5' scripting dictionary, another question arises: Will there be much compatibility with scripts written for Pages '09, and there I do not dare being an optimist.

dropping Applescript support for Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.